Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fashion Police: Jean skirt & leggings?


RING RING!!! The 80's are calling!
I'm pretty sure everyone has seen this trend at some point in their lives. Either during the 80's or in 3rd grade. This was brought to my attention the other day in high school when I saw a girl wearing this. But the skirt was 10x shorter and the whole look just was so unappealing. I wanted to waltz right up to her and inform her to NEVER WEAR THAT AGAIN! But maybe my thoughts were to mean? So I took a poll through out the day, describing what I saw and 99.9% of the people I polled agreed with me. So this blog post goes out to all of you who still wearing leggings as pants (seen in image 1) and the ones that are somehow "trying to bring back the 80's" Well I hate to break it to you, but its not coming back! So next time you think about wearing the following please think again!


How to make 1st example OK!

- Pair it with a longer shirt or dress (example below)
With things like leggings its really tough to determine the right things to wear with it. As long as you
don't have to second guess yourself you should be fine. Make it look fashionable, not looking like you thought they would suit as pants.



Please note: This post is not made to discriminate or make fun of people in anyway. It is just me reporting the odd things I see as well as my thoughts and opinions.

~XOXO Sedona

4 comments:

  1. I like that you have given an option of how to wear the leggings the "right" way and have shown pictures. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the jean skirt with leggings looks really cute in the pictue. However if the skirt was 10x shorter I wouldn't like it. I think that wearng leggings as pants is awfuland looks like who ever is sporting the trend walked out of their house having forgotten their skirt. I love how Nina Dobrev wore her skirt and leggings in 'The Vampire Diaries'.
    Though I find your view interesting.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled on your blog and this post and as the mom of 2 preteen girls, I just want to say THANK-YOU for backing me up when I tell them that leggings are not pants and should not be worn as such! I love the ideas you showed---wish I could post it in their school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the denim skirt with the leggings, but I think the skirt ought to be a just a bit longer because leggings are tight, and I think they ought to be considered more like tights rather than pants.

    ReplyDelete